Recruitment: Account Executive required for UK sports team
The role is to join the sports team within Performance Communications’ UK office, an award-winning specialist sports, automotive and technology agency based in Kingston upon Thames.
The agency’s sporting activity has included both leveraging the sponsorships undertaken by its automotive clients (e.g. ŠKODA/Cycling, Maserati/Cycling, Maserati/Harlequins, Citroën/Arsenal) and a mix of pure-play sports clients (e.g. World Corporate Golf Challenge, crankedUP, Wolf Run and the Fullsteam Castle to Coast triathlon).
Amongst its current projects, Performance is working with ŠKODA to maximise its cycling partnerships that include The Women’s Tour, Tour of Britain and Tour Series. Wider activity includes driving awareness of the ŠKODA DSI Cycling Academy, led by cycling legend Dame Sarah Storey, supporting female riders with the ambition to graduate to a professional race team.
Other areas of active sports involvement include Olympic sports, women’s sport and sports technology.
Reporting Line and Team
The role will work report directly to the team’s Director. The Director is responsible for the strategic and creative lead of accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive media contact – both on & offline
- Press release writing & creative editorial content development
- Social Media – input into content calendar development and ongoing community management
- Video / Photographic / Infographic content development
- Media event management
- Action all account housekeeping related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
- Ongoing monitoring of on and offline media for stories of interest relating to all accounts
- Write briefs for third party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver plans on objective, message and budget
- Assist in creating market insights, including consumer, media and PR trends and competitor activity
- Coordinate the evaluation reports and liaise with agency suppliers to deliver accurate and informative reports across all work streams
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
The role demands a strong understanding and experience of media requirements and what drives the sports news agenda. First class communications skills, must be digitally fluent and strong interpersonal abilities are a must.
Drive and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and speed of delivery are all essential. The ability to provide solid and reliable support to senior team members through logical thinking and problem solving is also highly desirable.
Ideal candidates will be fascinated by the world of sport, and the sports industry as well as passionate about communications.
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Strong written skills (and accurate spelling) with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A team player with endless enthusiasm, a level-head and a great sense of humour
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Competitive package offered commensurate with experience (AE or SAE)
- 25 days per year holiday
- Inclusion within Company’s private health insurance policy after 12 months’ service
Contribution to monthly gym / sports club membership
Visit the ‘Why work for us’ section of our website.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com