RECRUITMENT: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE OR SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE REQUIRED FOR UK SPORTS TEAM
If you have established a solid PR foundation but are now looking to combine your new skillset with your burning passion for sport – we want to hear from you.
Performance Communications is an award-winning specialist sports, automotive and technology agency and we have an exciting new role for an Account Executive / Senior Account Executive.
We help brands to shine through sport, both forging and leveraging sporting partnerships, exciting and engaging fans, to build brand profile and hit commercial goals.
The job would be split between office, in Kingston Upon Thames (2-3 days a week), and home – with occasional travel across the UK.
The agency’s sporting activity includes both leveraging the sponsorships undertaken by its automotive clients and a mix of pure-play sports clients. Previous creative activations from the sports team include putting Justin Rose on top of the 02 for the ultimate London tee shot and juggling a pack of real-life wolves with three England rugby world cup winners. Performance have managed a multitude of Premier League footballers at both Arsenal and Man City, unleashed Stuart ‘Pyscho’ Pearce to find the next Tradesman footballer and once created an oil painting of a certain seven-time World Champion using oil from his British GP winning car!
Amongst current projects, Performance is working with ŠKODA to maximise its cycling partnerships that include the Women’s Tour and Tour of Britain. Wider activity includes driving awareness of the ŠKODA DSI Cycling Academy, led by cycling legend Dame Sarah Storey, supporting female riders with the ambition to graduate to the next level of the sport.
Performance also activates CUPRA’s sponsorship deal with Olympic swimming champion Adam Peaty, the ultimate performance athlete. The team has recently launched the 2021 Road Book, cycling’s almanack, and are driving awareness for a new betting client. Other areas of active sports involvement include women’s sport and sports technology.
REPORTING LINE & TEAM
The role will work report directly to the team’s Director. The Director is responsible for the strategic and creative lead of accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive media contact – both on & offline
- Press release writing & creative editorial content development
- Social Media – input into content calendar development and ongoing community management
- Video / Photographic / Infographic content development
- Media event management
- Action all account housekeeping related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
- Ongoing monitoring of on and offline media for stories of interest relating to all accounts
- Write briefs for third party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver plans on objective, message and budget
- Assist in creating market insights, including consumer, media and PR trends and competitor activity
- Coordinate the evaluation reports and liaise with agency suppliers to deliver accurate and informative reports across all work streams
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
Ideal candidates will be fascinated by the world of sport and the sports industry as well as passionate about communications.
The role demands a strong understanding and experience of media requirements and what drives the sports news agenda. First class communications skills, digitally fluent and strong interpersonal abilities are a must.
Drive and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and speed of delivery are all essential. The ability to provide solid and reliable support to senior team members through logical thinking and problem solving is also highly desirable.
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Strong written skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Competitive package offered commensurate with experience (AE or SAE)
– 25 days per year holiday
– Inclusion within Company’s private health insurance policy after 12 months’ service
– Contribution to monthly gym / sports club membership
Visit the ‘Why work for us’ section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you think you’d be great for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org