Account Executive – Sports
Who we are
UK’s leading specialists in Sport, Automotive & Technology Brand Communications, we’re a team of 45 creative comms experts, split across our London and Dubai offices, committed to telling impactful brand stories that matter.
Whether brainstorming a big integrated campaign idea, unlocking broadcast media opportunities, telling stories creatively on social media channels or helping to unlock new business, no two days are the same.
We’re looking for someone to join our fast-growing agency, who has a proactive mindset, desire to learn, and appetite to help us bring our big-name clients’ stories to life.
Our sporting activity includes both leveraging the sponsorships undertaken by its automotive clients and a mix of pure-play sports clients. Previous creative activations from the sports team include putting Justin Rose on top of the 02 for the ultimate London tee shot and juggling a pack of real-life wolves with three England rugby world cup winners. Performance has managed a multitude of Premier League footballers at both Arsenal and Man City, unleashed Stuart ‘Pyscho’ Pearce to find the next Tradesman footballer and once created an oil painting of a certain seven-time World Champion using oil from his British GP winning car!
Amongst current projects, Performance is working to drive awareness for a new betting client CopyBet, which includes activating their sponsorship of Queens Park Rangers FC. The team spent a week in Scotland earlier in the summer at the Renaissance Club’s links where they activated the Genesis Scottish Open, the first golf tournament co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour.
Performance also activates CUPRA’s sponsorship deal with Olympic swimming champion Adam Peaty, the ultimate performance athlete and works with ŠKODA to drive awareness of the ŠKODA DSI Cycling Academy. Led by cycling legend Dame Sarah Storey, the Academy supports female riders with the ambition to graduate to the next level of the sport.
ITV cycling commentator Ned Boulting is also at the heart of two further clients. Ned edits the Road Book, cycling’s almanack, and toured this Autumn with Re-Tour de Ned, his one-man stage that took cycling fans behind the scenes at the Tour de France.
Other areas of active sports involvement include women’s sport and sports technology.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidates will be fascinated by the world of sport and the sports industry as well as passionate about communications.
The role demands a strong understanding and experience of media requirements and what drives the sports news agenda. First-class communications skills, digitally fluent and strong interpersonal abilities are a must.
Drive and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and speed of delivery are all essential. The ability to provide solid and reliable support to senior team members through logical thinking and problem-solving is also highly desirable.
What you’ll be doing
- Proactive media contact – both on & offline
- Press release writing & creative editorial content development
- Social Media – input into content calendar development and ongoing community management
- Video / Photographic / Infographic content development
- Media event management
- Action all account housekeeping-related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
- Ongoing monitoring of on and offline media for stories of interest relating to all accounts
- Write briefs for third-party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver plans on objective, message and budget
- Assist in creating market insights, including consumer, media and PR trends and competitor activity
- Coordinate the evaluation reports and liaise with agency suppliers to deliver accurate and informative reports across all work streams
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
What you’ll need (required skills)
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Strong written skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Some of the benefits we offer
We are excited about nurturing and mentoring the next generation of PR / Comms professionals. We are based in Kingston-Upon-Thames (30 mins from London Waterloo), and work a hybrid model, with time split between working from home and coming together in the office.
We regularly evolve our benefits, listed below are some of the benefits we currently offer:
- Competitive London Salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working (split between home & office)
- Private Health Insurance
- Wellbeing allowance (to use on various subscriptions incl. gym)
- Company-wide wellbeing programme
- Personal, Team & Company Social allowances
- Training programme
- Social activities (Summer / Christmas parties (and some in-between))
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday + 2 half day Flexi-days
- 4.30pm finish on Fridays
- Mindful of work/life balance