Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Vacancy – Automotive
Who we are
UK’s leading specialists in Automotive, Technology & Sports Brand Communications, we’re a team of 45 creative comms experts, split across our London and Dubai offices, committed to telling impactful brand stories that matter.
Whether brainstorming a big integrated campaign idea, unlocking broadcast media opportunities, telling stories creatively on social media channels or helping to unlock new business, no two days are the same.
What we’re looking for
If you’re passionate about comms, love to be creative, have the ability to inspire those around you, and want to have the opportunity to help tell the stories of some big-name car and motorcycle brands, this could be the role for you!
This role is the central point of support across our automotive team at Performance. The individual is expected to help maintain systems and processes to support the team in working efficiently, juggling the unique requirements of our varied clients.
This is a core role within an exciting team, which includes a range of clients across the automotive sector, with a focus on consumer brands and global car manufacturers. The right candidate will be passionate and well-informed about technology, mobility and will be well-read with a good working knowledge of current affairs.
We’re looking for someone who is organised, reliable, and has a flair for copywriting and can understand complex ideas and relate them into simple terms. The person will be a key contact for clients, enthusiastically taking on the broad day-to-day requirements of the team and thriving under pressure.
The Agency has a reputation for nurturing and developing talent and prides itself on being at the forefront of modern PR and communications.
The role is based at Performance Communications, Kingston-Upon-Thames, with flexible working options.
Reporting line & team
The AE role reports directly to the AMs/SAMs with input from the AD and Director. The latter is responsible for the strategic and creative lead direction, with your role pivotal in leading the account day-to-day, acting as a central liaison on all projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as day-to-day support for S/AM and AD/Director on delivery of the 12-month PR plans for the clients
- Develop an understanding of key messages and objectives set against key projects
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritise own work
- Build and manage effective client relationships, and aid in updating the client team
regarding reporting and logistics
- Good copywriting skills with excellent attention to detail
- Action all account housekeeping-related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes and contact reports including circulation, the internal team coordination of briefing documents and related documentation to the delivery of the accounts
- Conduct daily monitoring for stories of interest relating to the clients and circulate relevant stories internally or to the client team
- Write briefs for all third party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding; support on shoots and assist in the delivery of high quality assets
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver projects on brief (on objective, message and within budget)
- Develop an understanding of PR planning through writing up ideas and plans with support from senior team members
- Assist in researching and creating market insights, including consumer, media and PR trends and competitor analysis reports
- Coordinate evaluation reports and liaise with suppliers (e.g. Coverage Book, PRIME and Klear) to deliver accurate and informative reports across all projects
- Support in ensuring full budget management across all work, including creation of budget estimate, tracking of POs, collation of invoices, receipts and booking confirmation, expenses and reconciliation
- Media event management: supporting the organisation and logistics of media events, stunts and activities
- Research, draft copy, press releases, blog articles, features and media materials relating to all accounts; and assist in the development of creative editorial content
- Manage an inventory of brand guidelines and digital assets that that is accessible for all team members on the central server
- Ensure a comprehensive client filing system across accounts, updating when required
- Manage the weekly team meetings, ensuring team attendance, agenda setting with relevant brainstorms, updating and circulation of worksheets
- Action all account housekeeping-related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
What you’ll need (required skills)
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Strong written skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Some of the benefits we offer
We are excited about nurturing and mentoring the next generation of PR / Comms professionals. We are based in Kingston-Upon-Thames (30 mins from London Waterloo), and work on a hybrid model, with time split between working from home and coming together in the office.
We regularly evolve our benefits, listed below are some of the benefits we currently offer:
- Competitive London Salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working (split between home & office)
- Private Health Insurance
- Wellbeing allowance (to use on various subscriptions incl. gym)
- Company-wide wellbeing programme
- Personal, Team & Company Social allowances
- Training programme
- Social activities (Summer / Christmas parties (and some in-between))
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday + 2 half-day Flexi-days
- 4.30 pm finish on Fridays
- Mindful of work/life balance