Account Executive – Sport
What we’re looking for
Our sporting activity includes both leveraging the sponsorships undertaken by its automotive clients and a mix of pure-play sports clients. Previous creative activations from the sports team include putting Justin Rose on top of the 02 for the ultimate London tee shot and juggling a pack of real-life wolves with three England rugby world cup winners. Performance have managed a multitude of Premier League footballers at both Arsenal and Man City, unleashed Stuart ‘Pyscho’ Pearce to find the next Tradesman footballer and once created an oil painting of a certain seven-time World Champion using oil from his British GP winning car!
Amongst current projects, Performance is working with ŠKODA to maximise its cycling partnerships that include the Women’s Tour and Tour of Britain. Wider activity includes driving awareness of the ŠKODA DSI Cycling Academy, led by cycling legend Dame Sarah Storey, supporting female riders with the ambition to graduate to the next level of the sport.
Performance also activates CUPRA’s sponsorship deal with Olympic swimming champion Adam Peaty, the ultimate performance athlete. The team has recently returned from the Renaissance Club’s links where they activated the Genesis Scottish Open, the first golf tournament ever to be co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour.
ITV cycling commentator Ned Boulting is also at the heart of two further clients. Ned edits the Road Book, cycling’s almanack, and will also be on Tour this Autumn with Re-Tour de Ned, his one-man stage that will take cycling fans behind the scenes at the Tour de France.
In addition, the team are driving awareness for a new betting client, CopyBet, that includes activating their sponsorship of Queens Park Rangers FC. Other areas of active sports involvement include women’s sport and sports technology.
The ideal candidates will be fascinated by the world of sport and the sports industry as well as passionate about communications.
The role demands a strong understanding and experience of media requirements and what drives the sports news agenda. First class communications skills, digitally fluent and strong interpersonal abilities are a must.
Drive and enthusiasm to meet client expectations and speed of delivery are all essential. The ability to provide solid and reliable support to senior team members through logical thinking and problem solving is also highly desirable.
What you’ll be doing
The role will initially report directly to the team’s Director. The Director is responsible for the strategic and creative lead of accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive media contact – both on & offline
- Press release writing & creative editorial content development
- Social Media – input into content calendar development and ongoing community management
- Video / Photographic / Infographic content development
- Media event management
- Action all account housekeeping-related matters including the weekly client reports, meeting agendas, minutes, contact reports and circulation, internal team coordination
- Ongoing monitoring of on and offline media for stories of interest relating to all accounts
- Write briefs for third-party suppliers including photography, filming, events and branding
- Coordinate and manage suppliers to deliver plans on objective, message and budget
- Assist in creating market insights, including consumer, media and PR trends and competitor activity
- Coordinate the evaluation reports and liaise with agency suppliers to deliver accurate and informative reports across all work streams
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
What you’ll need (Required Skills)
- Eye for a strong editorial angle
- Ability to manage workload effectively and be responsible for a number of projects at any one time
- Strong written skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft packages
Some of the benefits we offer
We don’t just look at what you can bring to us. We look at what we can bring to you. Whether that be through internal or external training to help you develop, or programmes and initiatives to support your wellbeing through our wellbeing strategy, Thrive, your development and wellbeing is important to us.
Listed below are some of the benefits we currently offer, we say currently because we are always evolving them via employee feedback obtained through our regular staff survey:
- Competitive London Salary
- Company wide wellbeing programme (Thrive) includes a:
- £250 well-being allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme, which offers access to therapy, guidance around diet, gym, meditation and career coaching as well as discounts on high street chains
- Personal, Team & Company Social allowances
- Flexible working (split between home & office)
- Monthly internal training sessions
- Private Healthcare
- Walks and runs by the beautiful River Thames
- Social activities (Summer / Christmas parties (and some in-between))
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday + 2 half-day flexi-days
- 4.30 pm finish on Fridays
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team, to: email@example.com