Fiat Professional – Tradesman Trials
- Leverage FCA’s (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) partnership with the Football League
- Following the success of the Fiat 500 campaign in reaching young females, re-establish a dialogue and relevance for the brand with a male audience
- Create an effective launch platform for three new Fiat Professional vans
- Many tradesmen – the majority of LCV drivers – are passionate football fans
- There are numerous high profile professional footballers who were tradesmen either before or after their playing careers
- Launched with Tradesman Challenge video. Former tradesman ambassadors – Stuart Pearce, Dean Windass & Geoff Horsfield – competed in series of ‘trades’ challenges to see if they still had their tradesman skills.
- UK Tradesmen were invited to submit video evidence of football skills to secure place at the Tradesman Trials Day at Bisham Abbey
- Winner given one month trial at choice of Football League clubs
- 415 pieces of coverage
- 848k organic video views
- 854m reach
- 31k website sessions
- 5 van sales.
- Winner of a CIPR Excellence Award (automotive category).
“Overall, the Best Use of PR entries showed consistently good press office management, and the judges found this (i.e. Tradesman Trials) to be an incredibly well targeted campaign with a good use of insight and ambassadors which resulted in sales.”ESA Judge
“Performance Communications ticked all the boxes – they had a clear strategy, carried out with structured research and, with the inclusion of all relevant partners, resulted in a demonstrable return on investment. The programme ensured that key messages reached all target audiences, with a creative, inspiring and fun campaign which captured the imagination. It made the most of a previously under-utilised sponsorship partnership and involved no other agency input. Using a broad range of tactics and events, they undertook a range of activities that resulted in clear sales.”CIPR Judge