Senior Account Executive, Automotive
We are currently on the lookout for a strong Senior Account Executive to work on our Automotive team looking after well known B2B and B2C clients
From the award-winning agency that conceived the world’s first self-cleaning car, unveiled a new watch at 35,000 feet, organised a super-car street race in Dubai, created the world’s first glow-in-the-dark car paint and drew a one kilometre wide car in the sand, we have created a new exciting role for a strong Senior Account Executive.
Working across a number of automotive b2b and consumer accounts ideally requiring both automotive and technical PR experience, we are looking for someone to support and lead on a variety of well-known brands, including SEAT, DENSO, Accident Exchange and In-car Cleverness.
The Agency has a reputation for nurturing and developing talent, and prides itself on being at the forefront of modern PR and communications.
The role for a capable Senior Account Executive is pivotal within the Automotive team at Performance Communications. Not only will the person be an important contact for a small group of clients, they will be capable of performing and supervising essential day-to-day account tasks, while producing written features, news releases and marketing content according to agreed objectives, timeframes and budgets.
Located at Performance Communications, Kingston-Upon-Thames, but with occasional travel across the UK and abroad.
Reporting line & team
The SAE role reports directly to the Junior Account Director, and will help manage the day-to-day smooth running of the agency’s rapidly-growing group of b2b and consumer accounts, as well as project managing and supporting the JAD on strategic and creative PR plans.
- An ambitious Account Executive or Senior Account Executive-level individual who has experience of handling a range of tasks concurrently
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to understand complex, often technical topics, translating data and information into engaging copy
- Can demonstrate an ability to deliver high quality work on time and within budget
- Project support – the ability to logically plan, develop and execute content
- An understanding of the PR and communications process and the new and emerging technologies at our disposal
- Creation of regular content and creative activations for a wide range of b2b and consumer accounts, including feature copy, news releases, opinion pieces and marketing content
- Management of a rolling feature list across the group of accounts, ensuring that features relevant to our clients – from telematics to consumer-facing subjects – contain optimised representation of the clients wherever possible
- Development of thought leadership and opinion angles for use in features, marketing materials and news content
- Establish relationships with all client teams as well as key personnel elsewhere in the client businesses to ensure direct access to key people who can provide data / information / opinion etc for any relevant content
- Support the JAD and other team members on the delivery of all PR plans, driving forward key projects and helping to ensure objectives are met and budget is adhered to
- Support the team on the development of plans, coming up with innovative and engaging ways to drive positive media coverage across all media channels – trade, consumer, print, online, social etc
- Work with the JAD and other team members to ensure quality control is adhered to at all times
- Plan, organise and prioritise workloads, including flagging any issues to senior staff members
- Both draft and help to oversee production of copy, press releases / kits and media materials; and assist in the development of creative editorial content
- Assist in distribution of press releases, imagery, videos and other story-telling assets to the media
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
- A strong, proactive communicator who is able to prioritise their own work and meet deadlines
- A logical and clear thinker with an attention for detail and deadlines
- A self-starter who conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Get the basics right – be passionate about good, simple and effective PR with a strong eye for an editorial angle
- A desire to challenge and be challenged
- An appetite for progression and ability to use constructive feedback from senior members of the team
- Quick learner, adaptable and pragmatic thinker, whilst being tenacious and resilient
- Highly motivated and committed with great attention to detail
- A team player