Junior Account Executive, Automotive
We’re on the hunt for a strong JAE who will be pivotal within the Automotive team at Performance and is perfect for anyone eyeing a move into automotive PR.
From the award-winning agency that conceived the world’s first self-cleaning car, unveiled a new watch at 35,000 feet, organised a super-car street race in Dubai, created the world’s first glow-in-the-dark car paint and drew a one-kilometre wide car in the sand, we have created a new exciting role for a strong Junior Account Executive.
Working across a number of automotive accounts, we are looking for someone to support on a variety of renowned brands which include OEM car marques and consumer-facing automotive industry brands.
The role requires an individual who has the ability to comprehend the often complex nature of the automotive industry, is a very strong writer and has a genuine nose for a news story.
The Agency has a reputation for nurturing and developing talent, and prides itself on being at the forefront of modern PR and communications.
The role for a strong JAE is pivotal within the Automotive team at Performance and is perfect for anyone eyeing a move into automotive PR. Not only will the person become a key contact for an exciting group of clients, they will help ensure that all accounts are managed in an efficient and effective manner, as well as helping with written feature, news and marketing content.
Located at Performance Communications, Kingston-Upon-Thames, but with occasional travel across UK and abroad possible.
Reporting line & team
The JAE role reports directly to the Account Manager and will help manage the day-to-day smooth running of the agency’s rapidly-growing group of auto accounts, as well as supporting the wider team on creative PR plans.
- A self-starter JAE-level individual who has a confirmed interest in cars and the automotive world, as well as the ability to understand complex, often technical topics easily, translating data and information about them into engaging copy
- Ideally with some experience from an internship or placement within the automotive industry and with excellent writing skills
- Time management – the ability to logically plan, develop and execute regular feature content alongside admin and reporting duties, supported by the wider team
- An understanding of the PR process and the new and emerging technologies at our disposal
- Understanding of key social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube etc) and an individual online presence is desirable
- Maintenance of all coverage evaluation, reporting and status updates for all accounts in the group; this may include status reports, rolling release schedules, future features lists and deadlines, coverage reports and media distribution lists
- Management of a rolling feature list across the group of accounts, ensuring that deadlines for features relevant to our clients are met
- While the role majors on content creation and media relations, much of the team’s output has consumer appeal too. An eye for a front-end, consumer angle or opportunity is important
- Establish relationships with all client teams as well as key personnel elsewhere in the client businesses to ensure direct access to key people who can provide data / information / opinion etc for any relevant content
- Work with the JAD and the other members of the sub-team to ensure quality control is adhered to at all times where content and written copy is concerned
- Plan, organise and prioritise workloads, including resource planning, flagging any issues to senior staff members
- Research to provide market insights / gather information to support the creation of feature and release content
- Both draft and oversee team production of copy, press releases / kits and media materials; and assist in the development of creative editorial content
- Assist in distribution of press releases, imagery, videos and other story-telling assets to the media
- Help to implement current processes and take initiative on improving processes within the team. It’s key that processes implemented should help not hinder
- Research to help the team in producing market insights, including media and industry trends, as well as being aware of competitor activity
- Act as solid and reliable support for senior team members
- A strong communicator who is able to upwards manage as well as prioritise their own work and the team supporting them
- A logical and clear thinker with an attention for detail and deadlines
- A self-starter who conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Get the basics right – be passionate about good, simple and effective PR with a strong eye for an editorial angle
- A desire to challenge and be challenged
- An appetite for progression and able to work off constructive feedback from senior members of the team
- Quick learner, adaptable and pragmatic thinker, whilst being tenacious, results driven and resilient
- Highly motivated and committed with great attention to detail
- A team player with the growing gravitas to deal with senior stakeholders